Anita Dongre is a famous Indian Fashion Designer. She is the founder and the owner of the “House of Anita Dongre” (an Indian Fashion House). She was born on 3rd October 1963, in a Sindhi family in Mumbai, Maharashtra.Anita dongre brand
From a very young age, she was very much attracted to fashion. She got more influenced towards this by seeing her mother who used to design clothes for Anita and her siblings using raw fabrics. She has completed her graduation from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
After that, she has done a degree course in fashion from SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai. After her graduation in fashion designing, she started designing clothes for some local boutiques.
After some years, she decided to experiment with some of her western designs.
Also Read –
- What is High-Quality Content Writing? Meaning of Creative Writing?
- Fashion – How to Create your own Personal style
- How to Start Career in digital marketing with No Experience
- What is a Blog? Definition of Blog, Blogging, and Blogger?
- What is SEO in Digital Marketing? How to Increase Website Traffic?
This act of experimenting resulted in a collection of some unique western designs for women. Now, Anita Dongre was having a good unique collection of her own.
She decided to supply the same to some store owners, but none of them agreed to accept it. At that time, she decided to sell these designs in the market on her own. From there, she started her own business with her younger sister ‘Meena Sehra’ in 1995.
Anita Dongre is married to a businessman “Pravin Dongre” and they have a son together named Yash Dongre. Her son is also an integral part of Dongre’s family business. Her mother-in-law, Shalini Dongre, is a retired teacher.Career and Awards
Anita Dongre’s fashion boutique named as ‘House of Anita Dongre’ comprised of four distinct brands namely Global Desi (range of ethnic wear), AND (range of western clothing)
Anita Dongre Grassroot (a range in organic clothing), and Anita Dongre (a range of bridal wear and menswear). Also, she is the owner of a jewelry brand named as ‘Pink City’. Pink City also features under her fashion house ‘House of Anita Dongre’.
She is the Chief Creative Officer of ‘House of Anita Dongre’. So, she only focuses on the designing part, whilst the operations part is handled by her brother and sister.
Anita Dongre is also a member of ‘People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), an organization for animal rights.
All the products under her Fashion House are cruelty-free as none of the leather or cashmere is used in their production.
She has dressed some of the World’s most famous and influential faces like Kim Kardashian, the Jonas Brothers, etc. Also, she has designed some exclusive outfits for famous Bollywood celebrities including Anushka Sharma, Madhuri Dixit, Aditi Rao Hydari, and Kriti Sanon.
Till the date, she has received many awards.
In 2008, she was felicitated with the ‘GR8 Flo Women Achievers Award’ for her excellence in fashion design.
In 2013, she again received an award in ‘Excellence in Fashion Design’ by ‘The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry Ladies Organization, Bombay’.
In 2014, she was honored with the EY, ‘Entrepreneur of the Year Award’.
For helping women shine, she received the ‘Pantene Shine Award’.
Recently, she has got a Fame Award for Outstanding Entrepreneurs- Fashion and Lifestyle (2020).
As I mentioned, the “House of Anita Dongre” currently has four apparel brands and one jewelry brand under its name.
Let’s look: –
GLOBAL DESIglobal desi
This brand offers a wide range of clothing variety in the Boho chic fashion segment. From Fusion Kurtas to Pretty Kurtis to Boho Dresses, it offers a stunning choice for the one who wants to represent the traditional folk art along with some contemporary styling and unique twists.
This brand has a huge collection of quirky prints, refreshing pastels, and other stuff to represent Indian fashion uniquely. The products are easily available on online platforms like Amazon, Ajio.com, Flipkart, Nykaa Fashion, Lifestyle store, Myntra, and the official website of Global Desi.
It is easily accessible to everyone, as it has hundreds of outlets in almost all the cities across the country.
This brand offers a wide range of clothing in western wear. It was founded in the year 1995 by Anita Dongre while experimenting with some of the international designs to create something unique.
She started this to add more to the options available in the formal and corporate wear for women other than saree. It offers a wide range of fashion including top wear, bottom wear, footwear, and other accessories.
One can easily get these products from Flipkart, Amazon, AndIndia, etc. This brand also has various outlets across the country, so it is easily accessible almost by everyone.
A sustainable brand from the ‘House of Anita Dongre’ offers a wide range of organic clothing. It represents the traditional Indian craft such as Lucknawi Chickankari, Handwoven Banarasi Brocades, Rajasthani Gotta Patti, etc. and its fashion range includes ethnic dresses, kurtas, sarees, tops, bottoms, scarves, etc.
Each garment of this brand represents the Indian tradition and symbolizes the Indian art and craft. Also, it is empowering the Indian artisans and craftspersons by providing them an opportunity to continue with their profession.
This brand represents a beautiful collaboration of fashion wear and Indian tradition. If offers the products through various sites such as-
It is also having various outlets across the world.
It is one of the four apparel brands under the ‘House of Anita Dongre’. Anita Dongre offers a wide range of bridal wear, festive menswear, and bridal accessories.
It provides huge options in the bridal wear and Groom’s outfits. Also, it has different collections like Jaipur Love, Odyssey Woman, Diary of a Rajkumari, The Pichhwai Collection, etc. to make your special days more special, memorable, and mesmerizing. Along with this, it offers various fine jewelry collections for the bride.
This brand gives you a royal look with its unique and special outfits collection. Also, if you are purchasing something from its official website i.e. www.anitadongre.com, it delivers all its products with its free shipping policy all over India.
“Anita Dongre Pink City” offers a line of elegant handmade fine jewelry designed with polki (uncut diamonds) and other precious stones.
The artisans and the craftsmen who create these jewelry collections are the master craftsmen from Jaipur and they are very popular for their jewels work.
Starting from fashion jewelry to the world’s best bridal jewelry collection, this brand offers everything. If someone wants to feel regal, impressive, and stunning on any special day, can go for this sophisticated and top-notch brand.
SOME FACTS About Anita Dongre:
- Anita Dongre has been featured in Harper Bazaar Magazine’s Cover Page.
- She has an extended family of around 50 cousins. But none of them ever worked anywhere. She is the first female in the family, who come up into the corporate world and became a successful women entrepreneur after facing all the odds as the women in her family weren’t allowed to go out for work.
- Earlier, her fashion house “House of Anita Dongre” used to be known with the name “And Designs India Ltd.”
- The fraternity and the media address her with the title “Queen of Pret”.
- She’s working with various NGO’s and artisans across India and empowering them to take India’s heritage and culture to the next level.
- World’s famous magazines like Forbes, Fortune India, Business Today, has counted her in among “50 Most Powerful Women” in Business lists.
- She introduced her brands i.e., AND, Anita Dongre, Global Desi in the international market of Mauritius with 3 exclusive stores.
- All her collections reflect her love and admiration towards the traditional craftmanship, Rich Indian Cultural Heritage, and also Mughal Architecture.
- She is also contributing to a social organization, which helps economically backward women to earn a livelihood through the contribution of waste material provided by various fashion designers.
- In 2016, she was featured as the “Top Searched Designer of The Year” by google lists.
And at last, I would like to say that Anita Dongre is the inspiration to many woman’s which belongs to the conservative families of this society.
Also Read :-
- Requirement of water in the Human Body & its benefits
- 10 Most Popular Online Grocery Shopping Stores in India
- GST Registration Online, Eligibility, Fees, Expert Guide
- VITAMIN B12: Benefits, Side Effects And Dosage
- What is Google Question Hub Tool? How it Works
Hope her life story and achievements will give you an idea about the struggles of her life.
If you have any queries, About Anita Dongre: An Indian Fashion Designer | Biography please reach out to us through email@example.com
Have a good day 🙂 – Technology Sagar